Here are a few hints for successful soaking:
- Dissolve the detergent completely before adding clothes. This will avoid a blotchy finish.
- Always follow the garment manufacturer’s instructions for delicate fabrics and colours.
- Separate colours and whites before soaking.
- Test for colour fastness as some colours will run if left to soak for a while, even in plain water. Take particular care here with polyester viscose, woollens and silk.
- Do not use chlorine bleach.
- To avoid possible discolouration of the garments, do not soak leather, metal buttons or zippers for more than one hour.
- Never soak part of a garment of fabric. Always soak the entire item for an even result.
- Do not soak if the item is non-colour fast, multi-coloured, or features embroidery or transfers.