Cold Power’s parent company, Henkel, has been working to improve operations in the sustainability space for over a century. Their commitment to climate, waste, and water is reflected within their sustainability strategy and goals.
At present, Henkel strives to use materials more efficiently, converting to sustainable sources and generating less waste through plastic reduction.
Looking forward, they have continued to set ambitious targets that demonstrate their strong commitment to sustainability. By 2025, they are aiming to achieve:
- 100% recyclable or reusable packaging across their products*
- Reducing fossil-based virgin plastics by 50%
At the core of Henkel’s sustainability strategy is the ambition to deliver more value at a reduced footprint.
In order to successfully establish this strategy and reach their goals, both of these dimensions are present in the minds and day-to-day actions of Henkel’s employees and mirrored in their business processes.
Henkel aims to increase the value they create across three key areas:
- Social progress - actively contributing to social progress, empowering people and safeguarding basic rights
- Safety and health - creating safer workplaces and contributing to improved health and hygiene
- Performance - creating more value for their partners along the value chain and increase sales
They hope to increase this value at a reduced footprint, focusing on:
- Energy and climate - contributing to climate protection, relying on renewable energy and reducing their energy use and emissions
- Materials and waste - using materials more efficiently, fully converting to sustainable sources and generating less waste
- Water and wastewater - reducing impact on water and decreasing water consumption and wastewater
You can find out more here: https://www.henkel.com.au/sustainability
*Excluding products where ingredients or residue may affect recyclability or pollute recycling streams